Skip to content
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- Fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- ¾ to 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (or 3 slices of stale bread, crust removed, pulse in processor)
- 3 – 4 Bacon slices
- 2 – 3 cups Mariah’s Chow Chow Relish / Hot & Spicy
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, combine beef with 1 ½ cups of chow chow relish, eggs, thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bread crumbs in stages starting with ½ cup (you may not need all of it) for desired texture.
- Use a small skillet to fry a test hamburger patty and taste for seasoning. It should hold together and still have a soft consistency.
- Fill loaf pan with meat mixture and tap pan on counter to settle.
- Flatten top and cover mixture with another ½ cup of chow chow relish.
- Lay bacon across the top lengthwise. Bake on sheet pan and rotate halfway during cooking time.
- Bake meatloaf about 1 – 1 ½ hrs till bacon is crisp and meatloaf pulls away from sides of pan.
- Let cool before slicing and serve with Mariah’s Chow Chow Relish.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection