Chili Recipe featuring Mariah's Relish
This zesty, spicy chili recipe gets its kick from our Sweet & Spicy Gourmet Relish, with the savory, rich flavor of pasture-raised beef from CATHIS Farm.
Our friends at CATHIS' sustainable local farm is one of our favorite sources for grass-fed NC meats, local goods, and farm fresh eggs for our recipes. You may have spotted Mariah's Relish at one of their farm venue's events over the years. They've recently started a farm to home meat delivery, and we look forward to visiting for events later in the year.
This is a great recipe to make ahead - chili is one of the foods that's better when reheated, and there's dozens of ways to serve it.
- Two jars Mariah's Sweet and Spicy Relish
- 15 oz drained and rinsed of each, or of your choice:
- garbanzo beans
- light red kidney beans
- dark kidney beans
- black beans
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder to taste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- Chili powder and crushed red pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese or sour cream to top if desired
- Rice or Pasta if desired
- Sauté ground beef until brown and drained. Season beef with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add all ingredients and ground beef in stew pot
- Add 4 - 8 tablespoons of chili powder, and/or a add sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes depending on your taste preference.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes
- Optional: Top with shredded cheese, sour cream if desired
- Optional: Serve chili over rice, pasta, or paired with cornbread