Mariah's BBQ Ready Pasta Salad
This creamy, dreamy pasta salad is the perfect companion to BBQs and cookouts this summer!
Our gourmet chow chow relish adds a kick (with the level of spice depending on which of our relishes you use) to a classic pasta salad, and peas add a pop of color and a crisp bite.
- 1 lb of the pasta of your choice (we like shells)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 15 oz of mayonnaise (we like Duke's!)
- 10 oz of peas (thawed frozen peas, or fresh for crispness)
- 5 - 10 tablespoons of Mariah's Gourmet Relish in your favorite level of spice - Sweet & Mild, Sweet & Spicy, or Sweet & Hot
Cook the pasta as per the package directions for al dente and drain. Rinse in cold water to ensure the pasta doesn't get too soft.
Drain well with a shake - we don't want the pasta too damp.
Mix in mayo, chopped onion, peas. Add our zesty chow chow relish by the spoonful. Stir well, and season with salt and pepper to taste (we didn't need to!)
If making ahead, cover and refrigerate.
Add one of these for even more wow factor:
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 can of well-drained tuna
- 1/2 c of shredded cheese or queso
- 1/2 c of finely chopped ham or chicken
What will you serve this zesty pasta salad side dish with this summer?